Monday, May 19, 2008

Having fun with family

Ok I know it has been forever since I posted last. I guess a lot has happened in the past month. I turned 26 on the 26th of April and was able to celebrate it with my parents. They came out for a few days to see me and the fam for my b-day. It was so nice to have them here. The trip went by so fast but we sure did a lot in that small amount of time. I forgot my camera the first day of touring around and the second day I just brought my point and shoot little one so the pics aren't anything great. The first day we went to the Museum of Art and saw famous paintings by people like Picasso, Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and Monet. I will have to say I like Rembrandt's work the best. It was neat to see. We also went to the Natural History Museum. This place was really cool. It had all sorts of dinosour bones and rare stones including the Hope diamond. We went to the Archives and saw the Declaration of Independance, Bill of Rights, and the Constitution. On the second day, we went and saw the Capitol Building, the White House, all the monuments, and Arlington Cemetary. Arlington cemetary was really neat. Anyway, that was pretty much all of our touring around. For my B-Day dinner we went to a resturant called the Melting Pot. It was a fondue resturant that was absolutely delicious. Anyway we had a really good time with my parents while they were here and can't wait to see them again this summer.
Other news, Josh's sister Alyssa moved out here with us for the summer. She has been here a little over a week now. It has been really nice to have her around plus she has been a really big help around the house. My house has not looked this clean since before I had kids. Arlie loves having her here too. She calls her Afeefa and they are good buddies. Josh is gone again. He left about a week ago. He will be back in a couple weeks. It definitely has not been as bad this time. For one, I have someone to hang out with all the time now that his sister is here. And two, all the morning sickness is gone!!! Yeah!!! I am so happy. We will be finding out what I am having here in a couple of weeks so stay tuned for that update.
Also today is my brother Scott's 22nd birthday! Happy Birthday Scott! I love you man. I can't believe how old he is. Time sure goes by.
Hope all is going well for everyone. We miss you all! See all you Idahoans here in about a month.

4 comments:

Mindy Barker said...

Hey Tiff, this is Mindy (Merrill) Barker. I'm so excited that you are prego. You're little girl is a doll. You look great too. Where are you living now and what have you been up to? I miss seeing you. I hope all is going well. Write me if you have time! My blog is at www.barkerfamdamnly.com.

Love ya,
MiNdY

Hartvigsen 4 said...

Tiff,
Happy Birthday!!! Your pictures of dc are so beautiful you should take some and try selling them. I know a coulpe of people out here taht would love some pics like that. I think that is cool that your dad flew out. hope you are doing well withyour pregnecy. Hope to see you this summer.
Melissa

Genessa said...

Hey Tiffany just wanted to stop by and say what a cute little family you have. It has been forever. Hope everything is going great.
genessaphillips.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey! We leave Aug 11th and we're super excited to come back to the states! Be closer to family and not to far away! Do you like living in DC more? Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! There's a Melting Pot in Tulsa so we're thinking of going this summer because we're heard it was really good! Have you found out what your having yet? We're going to go this weekend off base and see if we can find out anything...I'm thinking it's a girl though! But we'll see. Hope you don't get to lonely with Josh being gone (I know how that is). Miss you guys!