Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy belated birthday Arlie!

Ok so I know I am totally terrible at keeping up with this blog. But I still wanted to share with you all some pictures and highlights of Arlie's birthday. Since Arlie is only 2 we ended up just having a lot of friends over for a BBQ to celebrate. It was a wild and crazy party. I don't know what we were thinking having 30 people in our house. But it was still fun to have everyone there. After we ate we sang happy birthday and had some cake. Just as I was serving cake up for everyone and before Arlie had even tried her cake, she threw up all over the place. We had to put her straight in the bath tub. Right before the party I noticed she wasn't feeling well. She developed a cough and had a little fever. But I had already gotten everything ready for the party so I didn't want to cancel. So sorry to everyone that came. I hope you and your kids didn't get sick or anything. Then we tried to have her open her presents. A combination of not feeling well, being tired, and being 2 all made this very difficult. She opened her first present and she got coloring books and crayons. She wanted to go straight to coloring. She didn't even want to open another present. She refused. We finally got her to open a couple more but that was it. She got a bubble gun and would not let go of it. And it was all over after that. So we decided to save the rest of her presents for later. We ended the party with a pinata for the kids. Arlie was pretty fussy the majority of the time so that made it difficult. And I swear, as soon as she turned 2 I have been wondering what happened to my sweet little baby. The terrible twos have arrived and it is in full swing!
Thanks to everyone who came and endured such an event.
Here are some pictures from the party.
The cake!



Thinking about it.

It's coming up! Arlie about to hurl.

Opening presents. Thanks Jen for the Tea Set.



She won't let go of that bubble gun!

14 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the new pictures and template! Arlie is getting so big. You think the terrible 2's are bad? Just wait until she turns 3!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the look of your blog and your hair is adorable! Arlie is sooo cute, even if she's in the terrible 2's and she threw up on her birthday!:) Poor thing! How are you with the pregnancy?

Skylar & Mariann Swank said...

The night before Audrey turned 2 she threw up. and last christmas eve. luckily this birthday she's ok. how do you change the template of our blog without losing everything? i can't figure it out.

Linds said...

I hate to tell you this but you should enjoy her being 2, it's 3 that is terrible. Once she turns 3 you'll know what I mean, and then you'll think that 2 was easy! It looks like you had a lot of fun even though Arile was sick. Birthdays are so fun!

SheL said...

Very cute pics! We had a great time and that cake was fantastic!! I like the changes you made to your blog too... way cute.

The Sommer Family said...

Your blog is so cute! Congrats on your baby. I can't believe Arlie is 2 already, it seems like we just had your shower! I hope all is well, are you coming to Idaho any time soon?
-Steph

Amy said...

CUTE love the new blog look and Arlie's pictures are adorable I love them. That stinks she wasn't feeling good on her birthday poor girl. When do you find out what your having keep us posted?

Chy said...

Poor thing! Well I'm sure she has forgotten all about it and loving all the new toys! She is so DANG cute! I can't wait to see you guys! I L-O-V-E your template very cute.

Carling Family said...

Cute pictures on your blog. Arlie is adorable. That was to bad about her being sick on her birthday. I swear that is what happens when you are trying to plan the perfect party. I am so excited for you to find out what you are having. I am on the down hill stretch :). I am not sure if im going home on the fourth. i have a doctors appointment on the 25 and then I will find out. Traveling is not easy anymore so we will see. I will keep you updated. I do want to see everyone.

Crystal said...

I love the picture of Arlie pre-hurl. It's just like you guys to have every minute documented. ;)

I told Ainsley about it and she tells anyone who mentions birthdays all about her friend Arlie who threw up on her birthday.

Monique said...

You didn't mention "Brandon the Party Crasher!" :) He cracks me up. He was definitely hard up for entertainment while we were gone to go to a 2 yr old B-day by himself. No offense. :) He just cracks me up. He said it was really fun and that the bubbles were the best part. Arlie and I are now BFFs. Skittles... who knew!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures you took of her! She looks so cute! Sorry she didn't have such a good birthday! Hey did you find out what your having? I thought you said you'd find out Monday the 16th...but maybe I was wrong. Let me know!

Stephens Family said...

Ah, that is too bad she got sick on her birthday. : ( I am sure once she felt better she loved all of her toys! Cute new template. Glad to see an update from you! : )

Nicole said...

That's too bad that Arlie for sick, but a great memory for down the road! She is a very cute birthday girl, and the fact that she wouldn't put down the bubble gun made me laugh.