Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've been tagged!

So thanks to my friends Amy and Sarah Galan, I have been tagged. So I figured I might as well keep it going plus I have decided I don't write much about myself on my blog so this gives me an opportunity to share with all of you something about me that maybe you didn't know.

Jobs I've had:
Runner for a Law firm
Nanny in Hawaii
Secretary for a Sleep Institute
Afterschool program advisor at a Montesory
Surgical Technologist
CDC childcare provider
Sales Clerk at a Craft store
Japanese Kindergarten english teacher

Places I've lived:
Idaho
Utah
Hawaii
Texas
Japan
Maryland

Shows I enjoy:
Dancing with the stars
The Office
Greys Anatomy
Desperate Housewives
America's Next Top Model
These are all the shows I DVR.

Four Things About Me:

1. If you don't know this already I am totally into photography. I love to take pictures and am constantly scanning my surroundings everywhere I go looking for beautiful places or things to take pictures of. It is constantly in the back of my mind. I love to put picture collages together as well as digital scrapbooks. I love taking peoples pictures and enhancing them on the computer and seeing the end result. Totally love it! It is my passion.

2. I love to shop!! But what girl doesn't? I love to shop for things for my house and I also have a slight obsession for clothes for me and Arlie. I love cute little country craft stores and I would say my favorite store for shopping for things for the house is Tai Pan's all the way. I wish I had the money to decorate my whole house from Pottery Barn. The majority of clothes that I buy come from Old Navy. Mostly because that is all I can afford. If I had the money I would shop somewhere like Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Banana Republic. Then again, I never dress up anymore so whats the point.

3. My favorite book right now is the Twilight series. Totally love it. I read all three books in about a two week period while I was home visiting family back in September. I can't wait for the next one to come out. After reading it, I had a total crush on Edward. I am not much of a reader normally but after reading this I realized I could totally have a passion for reading. I just need a really good book so if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

4. If you don't know this already, I am kind of shy. When I get in a big group of people I would rather sit back and listen and observe. I am not one to talk just for the sake of talking. I do much better one on one or maybe two. I have struggled with it my whole life. I probably care too much about what other people might think of me. Most people would probably be surprised to hear that I was a cheerleader all through high school. That is yet another thing that I don't share with too many people just because I worry what people might think.

Some other little facts about me are:
I am a risk taker- I used to cliff jump off 70 foot cliffs when I was younger.
I love to snowboard, golf, surf, wakeboard, and do pretty much anything active.
I enjoy a good run. I like to camp, hike and enjoy nature.

This was kindof interesting for me to write this. It was good for me to kindof look inside myself and remember who I am. Lately I have been feeling like I have been losing my identity. Now that I am a mom I feel like that has pretty much taken over my whole life and I have lost myself in the process. Kindof depressing. It has been a struggle for me. But I do love being a mom to such a beautiful little girl. She has brought so much joy and happiness into my life at the same time. And I feel so blessed to have such a great husband. I am one lucky girl!

I am tagging Liz, and Rachel.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my identity but just hang in there and remember to do things that you love to do. And by the way, love the brown hair! I guess you couldn't resist the temptation of being a brunette!

Erin said...

I, too, know how you feel. I don't have babies, but getting married kind of made me feel like I lost myself. I moved to where my husband is from, adopted his friends, and go to church where he has gone for the last ten years. Most people here still don't know my name. To them, I'm just "Nick's wife", meaning that they have no idea who I am. While I love being married and I love my husband, I wonder where I went! I'm unsure how to dig myself out!

And now that I've bummed everyone out, I want to add a PS here: you're fab!!

Amy said...

Tiff can I say I love you! We were just ment to be friends I think I could be your sister. Your the best and I wish we lived by eachother then we could go shopping and remember we are real people and take a break from being mommy. I so need to come visit you. It's high on my priority list. I call you tomorrow.

Chy said...

Wow Tiff! I love your gutz! remember that! Hey I can totaly relate to the whole losing yourself thing! I loved to hear all that stuff about and I do beg to differ a little bit about you being shy! You can be one crazy girl!! Remember dressing Josh Dumas up and eating chicken nuggets in your hot tub ahhh the good old days! Well I love you and we need to keep in better touch SERIOUSLY!!! I love you Chy

Stephens Family said...

Tiff...you need to be proud to say you were a cheerleader!!!!! We were an awesome squad! : ) Great memories!! Anyway, have a good day!

The Galan Family said...

Love your post! And yes I learned a ton about you. You really are a talented photographer. I am so impressed. Thanks for taking my kids pics. And anytime you need a shopping buddy give me a call. Seriously. But it might be kinda embarrassing going with me and my crew! :)

Chy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monique said...

Well now. Now I think we need to go camping together next Spring! :) I'm so glad you moved here. I know you've been here for a while, but I just feel like I'm catching up with everyone!! :) Happy Thanksgiving.

Alexis said...

Your blog is so cute! I love your pictures. I totally know how you feel regarding the whole "idenity" thing.

JRome said...

I don't know what it's like to be a mom, for one thing--I'm not married and the second thing, I'm not a woman. Maybe that should have been first.

You're also a good friend.

You and Josh were the first to befriend me. Remember walking all over Tokyo with Junior! You actually talked to me first, so there.

Also, remember the bike rides you and your hubby invited me to? You guys made time for me and included me in y'alls busy life so I do appreciate it very much.

Know what else? Had I repeated my senior year, I would have been part of my high school's first yell leading team.

I don't know why I just said that. But oh well.

Know what else? I too am shy. Yeah, no one believes me but friends that have known me forever would say otherwise.

I prefer to be the guy that sits back and watches everyone but for some reason, whether I want to or not, I get the attention I don't want or ask for. I guess to each is own.

But remember-- many love ya for you! I enjoy your photography as well. You should post or consider selling them!

JRome said...

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I knew you already posted your pictures. Keep at it!

The Germain Family said...

Your identity comes back and hits ya hard when they get independant and start the whole mood thing. Going through that now. Sure do miss you guys, We are starting our own blog page but it will take a while to learn the ropes. LOVE THE HAIR!!! Jill says HI THERE