Monday, March 3, 2008

Potty Training

Yeah!!!! Arlie went pee pee in the potty twice yesterday! I didn't even have to ask her if she needed to go. She told me she needed to go. I am so excited. She has been showing interest for a couple months now and she likes to go sit on it and push but this is the first time she has actually fully gone on it. She has a couple other times peed or pooped out a few drops. But I wasn't really counting that. I haven't been too serious about potty training her yet. Just encouraging it and once in a while asking her if she needs to go potty. But I guess it is time for me to get more serious. I don't really know what to do since I have never done this before. My mom has given me some advice but I need all the help I can get so if anyone has any good ideas that worked for them, I would love to hear it. I really have no idea what I am doing.
Josh is gone right now and won't be back for a few weeks. I already miss him like crazy. In my normal day to day life it normally seems to fly by but the past few days seem so long and boring. I miss having him around. He is such a huge help. With him gone I see how much he really does for me and Arlie. Also it doesn't help that Arlie is sick right now. She has a really nasty cold. She has not been sleeping well at night and she has been throwing up from coughing last night and the night before and the night before. Plus she pooped in the bathtub yesterday. So she has been a lot more work for me than usual. Yesterday was the first day of my morning sickness. So far it is not too bad. I just feel a little nauseous. Hopefully that is as bad as it gets. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone that commented on my pregnancy. It's nice to know you all care so much. Anyway more to come later.
Have a great day!

10 comments:

Skylar & Mariann Swank said...

Thats cool! audrey is going during the day and hasn't had an accidents for the last couple days. i say just don't push her into it. if she wants to go, great. i also read some in the toddler years book (from the same people who wrote what to expect when your expecting) potty training isn't fun. is still have to get audrey to go poopoo on the potty.

JRome said...

Good job Arlee! I can't believe how fast you are growing!

Crystal said...

whoo hoo! Go Arlie! If you aren't sure how to train her, run to the library and get all the books you can. Also, I think Tam's got a couple she can recommend.

Justin and Liz said...

Yeah! This means that you won't have 2 kids in diapers! It wasn't that bad. With Sammy, rewards worked wonders! Lots of excitement when they do there business, ya know, clapping, happy voices and all that silly stuff moms do to help there kids feel special. I used sticker charts. He would get a sticker when he would do #1. When he would fill his chart he would be a prize. I would tape a picture of his prize on the chart so he would know what he was getting. I let him put the stickers on too, he loved that. Just lots of praise and excitement. Let me know if you have any questions. It if fresh in my mind since Sammy just got trained.
I am excited about your baby! I read my comment and it sounded rude to Josh. Sorry! It was suppose to be funny, but it sounded kind of rude. We love Josh, he is fun to tease! Sorry you miss him so much. I am going to miss Justin so much when he goes! I will have my family to keep me busy though. 4 months isn't too long compared to some.
Ok, my novel is done. Let me know if you need anything. You can call me too! Email me if you need my #.

Linds said...

When it rains it pours. It always seems that everything (or many things) go wrong at once, especially when the hubby is gone! Hang in there, especially with potty training, it is an on going lesson.

Marianne said...

My suggestion is just do it. Just put her in underpants and be committed to doing it. Even when she has accidents. Think of it as something to keep your mind off of being a temporary single parent. Candy works. Vivian still asks for little hearts when she goes.

Grissop Fam said...

Congrats! Haven't had time to keep up with people - still trying to find a place to live. Tired of being homeless... Anyway - we're so happy for you both and Arlie with the new baby. And that picture of Arlie is wonderful - her eyes are so clear.
For potty training, we put Rachel on the toilet every 2 hours. Took about 2 months if I remember correctly...but she's in day care and peer pressure can work wonders. Perhaps hanging out with a potty trained kid about her age will help. Alani loves to follow her older cousin all over the place.
Good luck and keep posting those gorgeous pictures!
the grissops

Chy said...

HEY TIFFY! Cooper just got the potty thing and he is a little over 3! So AWESOME FOR YOU! I did get a really great "potty watch" online it is a cute little watch that she wears and you can program it to go off every, 30,60 or 130 minutes it sings a cute little song and lights up. So it makes it really easy to remind her to go without you having to nag her about it! It worked for COOP! Good luck and I hope you feel better!

Lindsey Harman said...

What great news about your pregnancy!! Congrats! And I'm glad you've been feeling well. About potty training...I'll be asking you for advice. :)

Woods: said...

K, you totally inspired me to crack down on the potty training! My boy is almost 3 1/2 so it's definately time! Anyway, we are 5 days into it and I'm so glad we are on the road to no more diapers! Thanks for the post and your pics are AMAZING! Nice job!