Wednesday, August 19, 2009

6 Years

Josh and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary this past weekend. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I love him more and more each year that goes by. I feel so blessed to have such a great husband who loves me for who I am and completes me. He is such a good dad and he helps me out so much. Thanks honey for all you do! I love you.
For our anniversary we started out our day by running a 10K together. We haven't ran a race together for a few years. As we started out, we were running together. I thought he must be being nice to me since it was our anniversary. But I just had the urge to go faster. Soon I was 20 feet then 50 feet ahead. I was wondering if he was saving up his energy so that he could kick my butt in the end. Or if I should hold back and run with him. But I just wanted to do the best I could so I kept going. Not only did I finish the race but I ran the whole time. And not only did I run the whole time but I ran it in 58 minutes!!! That is faster than a 10 minute mile! I am so pumped! I ended up beating Josh by a minute and a half. This is the first time that I have ever beat him running. Sorry honey but it feels really good.
Photobucket
Fellow ward members and friends that ran the race also.
Photobucket
After the race we took the kids to six flags to the water park. It felt so good because it has been super hot here lately. Then we went to dinner at Pei Wei. It was our first time there and it was really good. We will definitely go back. We also went to the movies and saw The Proposal. Awesome! It was hilariously funny and such a good date movie. Josh loved it too.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Tiff good job on the run! Glad you had a fun day. We saw the propsal to so funny.

Beckie said...

Wow I am soo impressed- that is an awesome run!!! good for you!! and Congrats on 6 years-- They do go by so fast!

Shilae said...

I am SO impressed with your running!!! Anyone that can run is my hero--and you look fantastic by the way.

And I love love love Pei Wei's (if that's how you spell it, I can't see how you did it and can't remember).

Congrats on 6 years!

Unknown said...

Good job on the 10K! Someday I might be able to try one of those. Happy Anniversary! Fair trade off on anniversaries this year since you got Josh home for my anniversary and I've got Brian home for your anniversary. Although you actually got Josh home for both so that's not really fair. Oh well. :) I like Pei Wei's too, but something in their food makes Eliza's face break out in a rash so we don't go there. Same for Panda Express or any Chinese food, even homemade. Weird.

The Galan Family said...

What a fun weekend! Happy Anniversary to you guys and Congrats on the 10K! That is an awesome time Tiff! You should come down here and do a triathlon with me in Oct. Seriously. Anyway, if you ever want to get away while Josh is away, you & the kids are welcome to come down here to GA. It would be fun. Perry leaves at the end of Sept. We could be bachelorettes together :)

JRome said...

Wow. I still remember that mountain biking up in Japan you two took me to.

I am just glad you guys didn't make me feel bad! Although me laying face down on the side of the mountain was enough.

What can I say, you guys are studs!

Way to go on 6 years and may you have many more to come!! Miss ya guys a lot!

SheL said...

Congratulations on 6 years and way to go on the 10k! That is so awesome!

Monique said...

Congrats! ! woohoo!

Chy said...

WOW Tiff you ROCK! That's a great time, you would have kicked my can...I'm S...L...O...W. It's always a good feeling to be faster than the husband (shhhhh!). Congrats on 6 years!!